EXPLANATION FOR APPLICANTS
Only complete this APPLICATION if You are sure that You want to enter into a Residential Tenancy Agreement with the Lessor of the Premises
The Lessor of the Premises is attempting to locate the most suitable tenant; that is a tenant who pays the rent on time and takes good care of the Premises.
To enable the Lessor of the Premises to determine in their opinion, who is the most suitable person, the Lessor's Property Manager requires some background information about You.
The form "APPLICATION TO ENTER INTO RESIDENTIAL TENANCY AGREEMENT" is not the Residential Tenancy Agreement.
The purpose of this form is:
First, to inform the Lessor of Your details, and Your requirements for the Residential Tenancy Agreement; for example, if You wish to have pets at the Premises.
Second, to inform You of the Lessor's or Property Manager's usual use of one or more residential tenancy databases.
Third, to inform You of the money that is required to be paid prior to taking possession of the Premises; for example, the value of the Security Bond (which may be up to 4 weeks rent), the Pet Bond (which can be up to $260) and the initial Rent payment (which can be 2 weeks rent in advance).
Fourth, to make You aware of the terms of the Residential Tenancy Agreement (including special conditions) associated with the Lease if Your Application is accepted.
Summary of what will happen if You apply to enter into a Residential Tenancy Agreement with the Lessor
Your action if You wish to apply for the Residential Tenancy Agreement:
1. Complete this Application.
2. Submit this Application to the Property Manager together with any Option Fee that may be requested by the Property Manager.
Lessor's action if You do not succeed with Your Application:
3. If You are not the successful applicant and have paid an Option Fee, the Option Fee will be refunded to You within 7 days of the decision.
Lessor's action if You succeed with Your Application:
4. If You are the successful applicant, the Lessor will provide You with a proposed Residential Tenancy Agreement for the Premises which will grant You the option of entering into a Residential Tenancy Agreement.
What You will then need to do if You are the successful Applicant:
5. If You sign the Residential Tenancy Agreement, comply with all the stipulated requirements for the creation of the Residential Tenancy Agreement set out in Part C of the document, and the Lessor (or the Property Manager) sign the document, a binding Residential Tenancy Agreement will exist between You and the Lessor. In the case of where an Option Fee has been paid there will be no need for the Lessor (or Property Manager to sign the document for a binding Residential Tenancy Agreement to exist.
6. If any of the events mentioned in clause 5 of this Summary above do not occur the ramiﬁcations of that are set out below in clause 18 of Part B of this Application.